Benefits Of Cucumber Water: When it comes to detox, cucumber can prove to be quite beneficial. Not only is it a rich source of water, but also loaded with various essential vitamins and minerals. Its calorific count is quite low and hence it can come to the rescue of those who are looking to shed some extra kilos. Other than this, cucumber is also a rich source of vitamin B, potassium and magnesium. According to Bangalore-based nutritionist Dr. Anju Sood, "Anything which has high water content, also has lots of vitamins and minerals in it. Cucumber water helps flush out toxins from the body to a great extent." Consumption of cucumber water on a daily basis can provide you with numerous health benefits. Here are some of the untold benefits of cucumber water. Read on to know more about them.
1. Boosts Bone Health: Cucumber is a rich source of vitamin K which plays an essential role in preventing blood clots. It also boosts bone health to a great extent.
2. Keeps Your Skin Healthy: The secret behind a healthy and nourished skin is drinking lots of water. Cucumber is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation in the skin. Wash your face with cucumber water every day to avoid acne breakouts.
3. Freshens Breath: Drinking a glass of cucumber water can enhance the saliva production which in turn helps in keeping the mouth odour healthy.
4. Curbs Appetite: Drinking a glass of cucumber water on a daily basis could help suppress your appetite and make you feel full until your next meal. This way, you will save on munching on those extra calories.
5. Provides Extra Vitamins and Minerals: Cucumber alone can provide you with various essential vitamins and minerals. You will not only be getting antioxidants but other vitamins like vitamin C and vitamin A as well.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter